Deutsch
English
Français
Русский
汉语

Yesterday – Today – Tomorrow

The hotel was opened in 1875 as "Hotel Bellevue". The main building and "Schlössli" wing are art nouveau constructions. The first renovation and extensions were completed in April 2001. The rooms and premises were refurbished with both charm and design, the Art Nouveau facade remains.

In an additional construction lap, the festive "Aquarius Hall", "Sparkling Wellness" wellness zone and the Japanese garden were completed – opening of the partly new and enhanced Park Weggis took place in June 2002.

In September 2006 work commenced on further attractive enhancements, for which, opening takes place in July 2007. The youngest edifice presents a striking architectural contrast to the previously established main building. Ten exclusive "Adara" suites, a florist atelier, a new access road to the hotel and an underground parking have all been newly established. And, largely expanded are – the Japanese garden as well as the wellness area with covered outdoor pool, relaxation areas, additional therapy offers and a library.

 

Park Weggis

 

Park Weggis - Lake

 


1875 Opening of the "Hotel and Pension Bellevue", founded by Wilhelm Strässli.


1878 Change of ownership: J.C. Rothmund, a banking director from Wil, buys the hotel.


1879 One year later Fritz Weinmann from Zurich becomes the hotel’s new owner.


1889 The hotel is sold to Richard Neef.


1899 Extension work by the new owner Oscar Michel.


1907 Alois Egli-Spiess (great-grandfather of Jürg Günther-Röhm) from Buttisholz takes over the hotel. Further extension work, renaming of the hotel "Park Hotel Weggis".


1912 Additional expansion with a connection (today's location of the LALIQUE Caviar Bar) from the main building to the annex.


1929 Alois Egli passes the hotel on to his children Emil Egli, Rosa Egli and Margrith Günther-Egli.


1952 Herbert (son of Margrith and Franz Günther-Egli) and Trudy Günther take
over the hotel on lease.



1972 The Hotel is purchased by Herbert and Trudy Günther.


1985 Jürg Günther (son) takes over the Park Hotel on lease. A few months later, he buys the hotel from his parents.



1997 Aldopark AG (Family Martin Denz) becomes the new owner of the Park Hotel Weggis. Martin Denz knows the hotel very well, as he spent over 35 years with his family here during the vacation. He is not a hotelier, but a shipping businessman in Greece.



1998/1999

Renovations of the restaurant Sequoia, regeneration of the Beach Bar, the ZEBI children’s club (from September 2006 Zebi room), parking, recreation of the complete annex.

Redevelopment of the adjoining building "Schlössli"; incorporation of the restaurant Annex and the Sunset Bar. Integration of three double rooms, four suites and an elevator. Rebuilding of the whole cellar.




2000/2001 Total renovation of the main building. Sanitation of the attic, staircase, roof, veranda and the exterior facade.


2001/2002 Construction of SPARKLING WELLNESS with six individual SPA cottages, a health center and the Japanese garden. Construction of the banqueting hall AQUARIUS with all-around glass façade and exciting light effects.



2002/2003

Conversion of the restaurant Sequoia to the restaurant Sparks with a clear design and art of Luciano Castelli. The restaurant Sparks is awarded with 13 points from GaultMillau.

Admission to the association Relais & Châteaux.

 


2003/2004 Recreation of the Sunset Bar and istallation of W-LAN covering all facilities as well as the terrace and beach area.


2006/2007

Redesign of the restaurant The Grape and expansion of offers with a variety of steaks from the grill, plus reconstruction of the hotel entrance. The hotel's private boat bridge is being extended to provide access for SGV motor vessels during private events, and, at the same time, the hotel's private beach is redesigned to form a terraced structure with built-in stereo system. In the summer season, the Beach Bar is reopened as trendy Beach Bar Lounge featuring a glassed-in bar section and brand-new furniture.

The Sunset Bar’s menu is enlarged to include several fine caviar creations, giving rise to its new name – Sunset Caviar Bar.

Large-scale construction to further include ten exclusive Adara suites, underground car park, florist atelier and library. Extension of the Japanese garden and the wellness area with a covered outdoor pool set in natural black stone, additional therapy facilities and relax zones. Establishment of a new hotel access road.



2008

Renovation and redesign of the Mark Twain suites, the Rachmaninoff suite as well as the Sunset Caviar Bar.

Extension of the Sparkling Wellness with the opening of the salon "Hair & Beauty" at the sister hotel Post Hotel.



2010

Redisign of the Sunset Caviar Bar with LALIQUE crystal lamps – giving rise to its name LALIQUE Caviar Bar. Partial renovation of some rooms in the main building.

Launching new guest phones from Avaya as touch screens as the first hotel worldwide.



2011

Second stage of partial renovation of rooms in the main building and installation of air conditions.

Certification ISO 14001:2004 environmental management system.


2012 Tightening the positioning and renaming to Park Weggis – The Sparkling Resort including a new logo.
2014 Opening of Park Grill. Park Grill is the expression of true passion for simple and honest cuisine, first rate cuts of meat, scrumptious crustaceans, field fresh vegetables and quality without compromises. www.parkgrill.ch
2015

Takeover of the Lakeside Center of the former partner hotel Post Hotel Weggis. Wide range of offers for sports on the water and on land.

2016 Opening of La Brasserie. Joie de vivre and the delicious scent of aromatic herbs – crisp salads, delicious vegetables, fresh fish and selected Southern French specialities. www.labrasserie.restaurant

Online Booking